Chicagoland independent practices are welcome to join the Independent Physician Advisors this Thursday, November 13th at 7:30 am in Oakbrook Terrace for their complimentary monthly breakfast seminar: Intellectual Property: Issues for Physicians & Medical Practices.
Presenting this seminar will be internationally known attorney, David Adler of the Adler Law Group.
You will learn:
- The difference in creation, scope and protection of Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks
- The Business Risks created by the failure to Identify, Protect and Enforce IP rights
- The Business Risks created by online business (websites, domain names, online advertising)
- The Business Risks created by Customers, Employees and Vendors who use Social Media
By the end of this session, you will have new learning insights as to:
- How to protect your practice from potential IP infringement claims
- How to protect your practice from Employee IP theft
- How to protect your business from online attacks to reputation and branding
David M. Adler, Esq. is the principal attorney and driving force behind the Firm's Technology Practice Group with an extensive background and experience in corporate law, including contract interpretation, drafting, negotiation, and enforcement and intellectual property law.
He received his law degree from the DePaul University College of Law where he wrote for the DePaul Arts & Entertainment Law Journal. He received a Bachelor of the Arts in English, a Bachelor of the Arts in History with a minor in Chemistry from Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana.
Outside the practice of law, Mr. Adler teaches an undergraduate course on E-Business in the Arts, Entertainment & Media Management Department of Columbia College Chicago. He also currently chairs the Chicago Bar Association's Start-up and Entrepreneurial Ventures Subcommittee and contributes to Workz.com as a "guest expert" columnist for the ecommerce and small business sections.
7:30am Hot Breakfast & Networking
9:30am Q&A and open networking
Redstone American Grill
13 Lincoln Center
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
This event is complimentary, however advanced registration is required. We ask that attendance be limited to independent physicians and their office staff.
To register for this event, please click the button, below: