Health Directions was profiled by HFMA for their ANI pre-conference session, "Second Generation Physician Engagement Techniques." An excerpt of the profile reads:
During a preconference session Sunday at HFMA's ANI: The 2014 HFMA National Institute on Second-Generation Physician Engagement, Daniel J. Marino, President and CEO, and William K. Faber, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Health Directions, concluded that—similar to the findings of HFMA’s Value Project—creating an effective CIN requires several key activities.
- Health systems need to engage and recruit physicians to the CIN.
- Systems need to engage payers that will be attracted to the CIN once it has achieved sufficient size and scale as a partner organization that can improve quality.
- A CIN needs to align incentives for the participating physicians to support activities that lead to improved care outcomes and reduced cost.
- For the incentives to be effective, physicians need data to not only understand their current performance relative to their incentives but to identify opportunities for care improvement. Marino and Faber said CINs can build off this infrastructure to negotiate contracts with purchasers of healthcare to support the transition to a value-based delivery system.
To read the full profile of the precon session, please click here.
Click for PDF Flyer of the Session:
Health Directions will present again at ANI on Wednesday, June 25th with the following session:
The Financial Blueprint of Accountable Care
Date, Time, Location:
Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 11:00 AM – 12:45 PM (Bellini 2006)
This session draws from multiple experiences with accountable care and clinical integration as well as direct operational knowledge of building a Pioneer ACO.
After Attending This Session, Participants Will Be Able To:
- Recognize barriers to building a financially successful clinically integrated network
- Learn tips and techniques to help transition to value-based care
- Understand how to align independent physicians with the hospital’s clinical integration objectives
- Identify methods for building financial incentives
Tools & Takeaways:
Sample incentive model to engage physicians
- Daniel J. Marino, President/CEO, Health Directions
- Meredith Duncan, Director of Operations, Seton Health Alliance